Wednesday, February 20, 2013

World's Worst Blogger Award Goes To....

I forgot to get a post in last night before heading to bed. Honestly, I was on a turkey buzz and didn't have the wherewithal to even try to wax poetic pessimistic in any fashion last night.

Steven interviewed for a Nursing Assistant position with an assisted living facility in Twin. He got the job on the spot. The owners were very impressed with him--as if that was a grand sort of surprise--and are eager to get him started this Friday. He will work Friday and Saturday graveyards--which after trying to survive Glanbia's 3-day-marathons-of-12-hour-graveyard-shifts, this'll be a walk in the park for him. So, I cooked a turkey dinner to celebrate (yes, I had a thawed turkey ready to go because I'm so prepared like that a bird that was thawed and had neglected to make it for our Valentine's Day celebration which we postponed to Sunday but didn't even celebrate it then. No Valentine's Day for us. What's new...)Steven called after his interview to announce that I'd better get that turkey in the oven because we was goin' celebrate in a mighty fine way t'night.

And it was a delicious, scrumptious, divine dinner indeed. We didn't eat until 8:30 pm because Steven worked until 7 pm, I had an Enrichment meeting at 7 pm and then had to practice a song with my accompanist (which I will be singing this Sunday), so I got the turkey going and baked the rolls and chilled the "bubbly" before I left the house, Steven went to go get "cold stuff" from the store with the kids on his way back so we could have a celebratory dessert as well, Steven then got the mashed potatoes going and made CREAMY, AMAZING turkey gravy. We ate in the living room since the kitchen was way scary and we did not have any inclination to battle that beast. So we stuffed ourselves full and then ate some more, put the kids to bed, and watched a Criminal Minds episode (which it totally did not hit the spot, it was an odd episode, so we watched Go On afterwards to try and end the night on a sarcastic note). And then we hit the sack because we were fighting a turkey-induced coma. I slept GOOD. And then we woke up to lots of snow, which meant I wouldn't be tending J today (his dad can't work in the snow--he hauls hay) so now I've got the whole snowy, cold day to get some tidying up and some sewing/knitting/cross-stitching done. Yay for days I don't have to go anywhere.

I will try to post again tonight. No promises, though. Because if I have to wear the "World's Worst Blogger" sash, I plan to live up to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment