Monday, February 18, 2013

Rough day? Yup.

It's been an odd, off, awful sort of day. The kind where you strive to be productive all day long while your brain turns from mush to tar and you feel like you've got mono. It was that day.

Morgan is teething and or sick. Kaia rounded of her splendid stint of awesome behavior by screaming "Oh my G**!" over and over from the bathroom. Like I said, a rough day. Everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. And to sum everything up, I am electing to sleep on the couch tonight after squeezing in as many Psych episodes as I can before crashing. Yup, one of those days.

I want to acknowledge at least the few things that I did take note of today. First, if you'd like to have your socks rocked off, try this recipe:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2013/02/chicken-sausage-gumbo/

It was my only accomplishment for the day. It was so good. And Kaia actually ate it all gone, too. That's how good it was. I also attempted to watch Gone With the Wind, since I was feelin' all southern-like, and realized that this is NOT the kind of show you want your 3 year old daughter watching--she will begin to start acting out like Miss Scarlett O'Hara...It is also the kind of show that is impossible to pay attention to when you're trying to run a house and raise children.

Steven started a project tonight. He's making me a new bathroom shelf because the one we have right now is  a piece of  no longer meeting our needs and has been exiled after I wonked my forehead right on the corner for the 5,000th 5th time in the past week. I used some colorful, whispered language and indicated that said shelf better be gone by the end of the night. Here is the inspiration for the new shelf:


It will be twice as long and have double the knobs. I've had the stuff to do it for a couple of months now. It makes me a little frustrated that I had to undergo multiple encounters of pain and agony before finally encouraging this project along. Steven's doing a great job so far and hopefully, we'll have a place to hang our towels again soon. And it will not be hung in such a way that would endow such violence on a poor short person like me.

I've been invited to three baby showers in the last few weeks, and so I have got to get cracking. I first have to hem Steven's temple pants, finish sewing his Valentine's Day gift (he knows what it is...once I finish it, I'll post pictures of both of our gifts...the one he gave me is pretty amazing...and he made it from scrap wood...), finish sewing Steven's tie I was supposed to have done for Christmas, then start on my baby shower projects which include 2 quilts, 1 blanket, and 2 burp cloths. And at some point I need to clean the house and catch up on the laundry, because it's all getting a little out of control...


No comments:

Post a Comment