Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Exhaustified.

I feel like I have mono right now... not that I've ever had mono. I'm sure it's just chronic fatigue. I had it back in high school (chronic fatigue, that is). I'm really not pushing myself, I've slowed down quite a bit. And still I feel like I'm in a constant state of EXHAUSTION. Despite all this, I have great ambitions to seize the to-do list by the shirt and give it a good shaking. But I am not able to accomplish very much, though the intention is there, the energy is not.

Today, I hemmed Steven's new pair of temple pants that I gave him on his birthday back in 2011. Talk about slow on the get go...

Today, I waxed a rocking chair that a friend gave me. Then I waxed the piano. And the antique large spool and milk stool I have on display in my living room. I also waxed the wooden knobs on the coat rack that will be hung soon by the front door. I also waxed the stool next to the piano and the metronome my Grandma Haskett left me.

Today, I packed up the baby gear I had set out to entertain Miss C when I was to tend her. No point in having it out--there's no one here who's willing to play with it, and now that I won't be tending Miss C, I don't see the point in continuing to trip over it. Steven was sweet enough to put it all down into the crawl space.

Today, I started cutting out quilt blocks to make a rag quilt. It's going to go to a sweet little chap named Eli. I sure hope he loves the colors. I hope his mum doesn't mind the fact that I had to make a rag quilt instead of a    regular quilt because I don't have any batting on hand.

Today, I filled my aromatherapy jug with rosemary oil to hang in my car. The tie broke on it, so I fixed it and put it back on, and then the little handle broke. So, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Today, I helped Kaia clean the playroom after Morgan and Kaia royally trashed it. I seriously hate cleaning up toys. But it makes Kaia happy to have some help.

Today, I rotated the laundry 6 times and almost had the wherewithal to fold all six batches--two of them were abandoned. I'll fold it tomorrow.

Today, I lent a book to a friend who is having troubles with her 6 month old. That darn turkey is giving his mum a run for her money--he refuses to sleep longer than 15 minutes day or night. I hope she finds her answer quickly.

Today, I finally cleared out my shadow box and replaced all the items with antique/vintage/unique sewing and knitting bric-a-brac. The colors are so much fun. But I have four empty compartments that are screaming to be made whole. I will have to be patient until I have pocket money again.


No comments:

Post a Comment