Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crazy Little Thing Called Nyquil...

I'll bet you have wondered, "Where the heck did she go? Where is her daily blog post for the last two days? Did she fall off of the face of the earth?"

The answer is: Nyquil. And also a few things that happened but are too "of a personal nature" and will not be divulged here. Sorry, not going to air out that dirty laundry...

I have been gone...not just mentally absent but physically removed from my present positions as mother, wife, contributing member of society, etc, etc.... Our mild head colds turned into acute sinusitis and then decided to take a turn for bronchitis. We spent almost the entire day Friday at the doctor's office, the pharmacy, and the store trying to provide the right sorts of remedies to fling us into healthful action. It took Walmart a whopping TWO HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES TO FILL OUR FREAKING PRESCRIPTIONS. (No offense Patrick...I'm upset with the Twin Falls pharmacy techs, not all Walmart pharmacy techs...). I was pretty pissed off after sitting in front of the pharmacy while other people who had indeed dropped their prescriptions off after I did were receiving their prescribed remedies before I did. This was almost absolutely unbearable as I was feeling like death-warmed-over-by-the-very-feverish-fires-of-the-seventh-circle-in-HELL. Anyways, suffice it to say that one I could have cared less about blogging, I was darn well determined to feel better and that spells antibiotics and N-Y-Q-U-I-L. Which then meant that I would not be in any kind of right mind to blog late in the evening as it probably would have been 1) incoherent 2) a smorgasbord of cuss words or 3) nothing you would have cared to hear me wax on about whilst enjoying that warm bubble of Nyquil bliss that wells up in ya chest (Yes, it's a good thing I don't drink. I would enjoy it too much, I think...).

Nyquil is also the reason I didn't blog Thursday as well. I had opened up a new post, uploaded the pictures, and was in the middle of typing up a cute post about--well, you can just read about that tomorrow. I don't know what happened. One minute I was trying to find the right adjective, the next minute I'm waking up to the sun peeking through our curtains and Steven has all three pillows. It's completely blank what happened in between. I suspect that Steven decided to take full advantage of my weakened state and drag me back to bed so I couldn't spend another 30 minutes blogging about--well, you'll see tomorrow--so he waited for that Nyquil to kick in and then knocked my out with a frying pan or something (which might explain the splitting headache I had yesterday morning); but then again, maybe I just fell asleep on the keyboard and then army crawled back to bed. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure about what happened. All I know is that it involved Nyquil. Blessed Nyquil.


We are feeling much better.

Thank you and Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I hope you are all feeling better, but I must admit I got quite a chuckle out of the mental picture of Steven taking you out Tangled style... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sunshine! We missed you.

    ReplyDelete