Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just keep sailing, just keep sailing...

Today I started my nanny-ness again. I watched little C for half of the day while her mum went to a work meeting. This baby girl is awesome. She is so sweet. I'm very excited to keep her safe while her mom is at work. Poor E is adjusting--not an easy thing to give up full-time motherhood. I'm doing everything I can think of to make the transition as painless as possible. We had lunch when she got back. It was nice to have some girl time!

Steven came home today with a big grin on his face. We were trying to figure out how exactly to pay for life and come up with the money to purchase tools required for his classes. He went and talked to the Foundation Department (they award grants for need-based students). Steven was awarded enough to buy every tool he needs for the rest of his education. AWESOME.

I also got a call today from one of the moms I'll be nannying for. She asked me if I would be willing to watch J Monday through Friday instead of three days a week. I said I'd be delighted! Yay for steppin' up my Sugar Mommahood.

We also made an arrangement with my friend who is selling us her minivan. We're able to put some money down this weekend on the van, and then we'll pay them the remainder with our tax return. So I'll have a van by next week! Way cool, huh?

Steven also called the music store in Twin and inquired when my piano would be delivered. They are delivering it this Friday!

It was a good day. A lot of scary things were resolved. And Steven had such a blast going shopping for his new tools and ordering online what we couldn't get in Twin.


No comments:

Post a Comment