Monday, February 4, 2013

Locked, Loaded, and Loaved

Today, for FHE, Steven and I hired a babysitter and headed for the country. We met up with a couple in our ward who are gun enthusiasts (they recently started S.W.A.T. training as they are part of Search & Rescue...how cool is that?) and they gave me a shooting lesson. I've never EVER shot a gun before. Before last week, I hadn't even held a gun before. It's been a journey, but I've come a long way since taking Rape & Aggression Defense classes. I've wanted to learn how to shoot ever since. So, here is my very first time shooting a gun. My aim is not very good, and I keep "muzzling" Steven and our instructors. But I will get better! They are very good at teaching and I am looking forward to future lessons.



Steven and I took our family out to eat--to sit down and eat--and boy was it the best meal ever. It's called The Farmhouse Restaurant. They make a specialty bread called "Basque Bread." I wanted to try it. It was so delicious. The whole entire meal (including the BEST apple pie a la mode I've ever had in my entire life) was truly scrumptious. I told the waitress that I really loved the bread. She said you could buy a loaf from the restaurant--they sell them by the register. So I bought one!

Check this loaf out:













They bake the bread in a stock pot. This seriously made my day.

A long, very adventurous day...maybe I'll tell ya more about it another time...

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...that is the coolest loaf of bread I've ever seen. It looks like a chef's hat! I wonder how long that will feed your family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is our food storage for the next month. LOL.

    ReplyDelete